The 11th Annual Winyah Rivers Foundation (WRF) Photo Contest will accept entries February 11th – April 21nd 2017. The goal is to promote the beauty of our local rivers and to raise funds for Winyah Rivers Foundation and support the Waccamaw RIVERKEEPER® Program.
Rules for Entering:
- The contest is open to everyone. Emphasis in judging will be given to photographs that show the splendor and charm of our rivers and ecosystems.
- Each contestant may enter as many photographs as desired.
- Categories: 1) Georgetown County; 2) Scenic; 3) Wildlife; 4) Hurricane/ Flood
- The photographs should have been taken in North or South Carolina. For the Georgetown County category, the photo must be taken in Georgetown County, SC.
- Each contestant agrees to allow WRF and its sponsors to use their entries, without compensation, to promote the goals of the Foundation. This may include exhibition, calendar, and fundraising. All entrants will retain the right to their work.
- Winners will be announced at a reception at the Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum on Friday, May 5th from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Winning photographs will hang in the Museum, followed by the Horry County Courthouse and other venues.
- Entry fee is $10.00 per photograph. Winyah Rivers Foundation, Center for Marine & Wetland Studies, Coastal Carolina University, 290 Allied Drive, Conway, SC 29526 (room #130 or #121) or mail to Winyah Rivers Foundation, PO Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054.
- All entries must be received by NOON on April 21nd 2017 For questions, email email@example.com
Awards: Best of Show- $150.00 and 1st Place in each category - $100.00 and Viewers Vote- $50.00 All 2nd & 3rd place winners will also be awarded prizes. All photo entries will be available on our website’s gallery for a Viewers’ Vote and will be eligible for a chance to be selected as the “Viewer’s Voted Choice”. This winner will be chosen by the number of public votes it receives. Voting closes on May 4th and the winners will be announced at the reception on May 5th. Winners are eligible for only one prize. Winners will be allowed to purchase their enlarged photo made by 803 LABS after their tour. Vote now on 2017 Annual Photo Contest Submission here: 2017 Photo Gallery.
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO ENTER NOW:
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO VIEW OUR GALLERY AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE: