Photo Contest 2019
The deadline to enter our Photo Contest has ended.
Good luck to all our photographers!
JOIN US ON FRIDAY, MAY 3RD (5:30-7:00PM) AT WACCAMAW PUBLIC LIBRARY FOR OUR AWARDS CEREMONY!
The 13th Annual Winyah Rivers Alliance Photo Contest
Promoting the beauty of our local rivers and raising funds for
Winyah Rivers Alliance and our RIVERKEEPER® Programs
Rules for Entering:
1. The contest is open to everyone. Emphasis in judging will be given to photographs that show the splendor and charm of our local rivers and ecosystems.
2. Each contestant may enter as many photographs as desired. Entry fee is $11.00 per photograph.
3. Entry Categories are: a) Georgetown County Heritage (iconic); b) Scenic; c) Wildlife
4. The photographs should have been taken in North or South Carolina
(note: for the Georgetown County category, the photo must be taken in Georgetown County, SC)
5. Each contestant agrees to allow Winyah Rivers Alliance, and its sponsors, to use their entries, without compensation, to promote our goal. This may include exhibition, calendar, and fundraising. All entrants will retain the right to their work.
6. To enter, go to the 2019 Photo Contest Website and follow the instructions. No need to resize your image; the website will resize it to fit. Should your image win, a TIFF or PSD file at 300 PPI must be made available for printing purposes.
7. Winners will be contacted prior to the awards ceremony, and announced at a reception to be held at the Waccamaw Library in Pawley’s Island on Friday, May 3rd from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm.
8. Winning photographs will hang in the library, followed by the Horry County Courthouse and other tour venues. Winners will receive their photograph at the conclusion of the tour.
9. The following awards will be presented:
Best of Show - $150.00
1st Place in each category - $100.00
Viewers’ Vote - $50.00
Second and third place winners will also receive prizes.
Winners are eligible for only one prize.
10. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT on April 15th, 2019.
11. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful to our 2019 Contest Sponsors: Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation, 803 LABS, Inc.,
Tidelands Photography Club and Winyah Rivers Alliance, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.