The 9th Annual Winyah Rivers Foundation (WRF) Photo Contest will accept entries February 1st – April 22nd 2016. The goal is to promote the beauty of our local rivers and to raise funds for the Waccamaw RIVERKEEPER® Program.
Rules for Entering:
- The contest is open to everyone. Emphasis in judging will be given to photographs that show the splendor and charm of our local rivers and ecosystems.
- Each contestant may enter as many photographs as desired.
- Categories: 1) Georgetown County; 2) Scenic; 3) Wildlife; 4) Cell Phone
- The photographs should have been taken in North or South Carolina. For the Georgetown County category, the photo must be taken in Georgetown County, SC.
- Each contestant agrees to allow WRF and its sponsors to use their entries, without compensation, to promote the goals of the Foundation. This may include exhibition, calendar, and fundraising. All entrants will retain the right to their work.
- To enter, provide WRF with an 8x10 inch print AND a digital file for each entry. Do not tape anything to photo or put photo on foam core. Prints will not be returned.
- Attach (with a paper clip or something similar) a piece of paper to each photograph that has your name, address, phone number, and e-mail. Print or type the category in large letters on this piece of paper along with a title for the picture and if desired, a short description. Do not put anything on the front of the photo.
- Winners will be announced at a reception at the Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum on Friday, May 6th from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Winning photographs will hang in the Museum, followed by the Horry County Courthouse and other venues.
- Entry fee is $10.00 per photograph, with cash or check payable to WRF, delivered to Winyah Rivers Foundation, Center for Marine & Wetland Studies, Coastal Carolina University, 290 Allied Drive, Conway, SC 29526 (room #130 or #121) or by mail to Winyah Rivers Foundation, PO Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054.
- All entries must be received by NOON on April 22nd 2016.
For questions, email email@example.com.
Awards: Best of Show and 1st Place in each category - $100.00 and a framed photo print with engraving. Additional prizes to be determined. All 2nd & 3rd place winners - a WRK shirt and ribbon. All remaining photo entries will be entered into a pool for a chance to be selected as the “People’s Choice”. This winner will be chosen by attendees during the reception on May 6th and will receive a prize. Winners are eligible for only one prize.
2016 Contest Sponsors: Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation, 803 LABS, Inc., Burroughs and Chapin Art Museum. Secondary sponsors: The Horry Independent, Waccamaw Outdoors.
Check out our YouTube video highlighting entries from previous years at https://www.youtube.com/embed/9o_KeGyeJqY?blm_aid=0